1. To prepare the sugar syrup, mix 3 cups of sugar with 3 cups of water and put them over the heat until boiling. Leave to cool.
2. Melt the butter and pour over knefe. Mix with your hands and make sure it is well mixed. Meanwhile, cut the dough into small pieces with your fingers.
3. Brush a medium-sized tray with oil, then put half the dough and press it down with your hands.
4. Add the shredded mozzarella, then add the remaining dough.
5. Preheat oven on 100 degrees F, and bake the knefe until golden brown.
6. Take out of the oven, flip it upside down on a flat tray, then bake again until the other side is golden brown also.
7. Pour the sugar syrup and leave to cool for 5-7 minutes before serving.
8. After the knefe has absorbed all the syrup, garnish with pistachios. Bon Appetit!